Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Best Buy scares me!

This semester, thankfully my second to last, I am taking a class that focuses on John Milton and his most famous work Paradise Lost. So, in an effort to make the reading of said work less arduous, my professor suggested that we make copies of an audio version to make the reading a little easier to tackle and since epic poetry is really meant to be read aloud.

So off to Best Buy I go, to get my blank CD's, and as I stepped in I am reminded afresh why I don't really like Best Buy; the people that work there scare me. Honestly as if I am not confused and panicked enough being surrounded by all manner of technological things that I have not idea about, but they have to follow me around like I'm Winona Ryder. They pounce on you the minute you walk in the door, follow you around and then practically search you as you leave!

Now I am all for good customer service but for heavens sake, if I wanted a shopping partner I would probably have picked someone I liked, not to mention someone I actually knew.

8 comments:

Shem said...

All technical gadgets should be purchased online. On fun frilly things need to be in person!

wendybird said...

SO. . . only SOME retail counts as therapy, eh? I'm with you though. P.S. in light of your feelings about Best Buy, are you catching up on last season (the first season) of 'Chuck' (the main character works at 'Buy More') while you're in your tivo frenzy? If not, add it now before the new season begins. You'll thank me later. :)

the lunch lady said...

they must like you there.

whenever I go to BB, I swear all salespeople are hiding in the back, and they are probably eating cake donuts (with the exception of the annoying greeter).

don't fool yourself. Audio won't make Milton better. There's a reason he went blind.

Allyson said...

Ah cake doughnuts, the culprit yet again! Deep down inside I am fully aware that Milton will not get easier but I am after all a master at self deception and hopefully that will get me through the next three months...maybe not.

Jess said...

Amen sister! I try to avoid Best Buy for that reason.

Allyson said...

I've never watched 'Chuck' but I have added it to my list on TiVo and I will check it out - I will have to rent season one and get caught up in the mean time ;)

Brittany said...

Thanks Allyson. I really miss you guys. I hope that I can come and see you soon. It has been a crappy few days. Tell everyone there I love them and tell Tamara thank you for her message too. We feel very loved.

kninsa said...

Winona Ryder is hot...