Monday, March 9, 2009

I want to be a cowgirl!

Warning: Random late Sunday night thoughts to follow.

Have you ever wanted to try doing something radically different from that which you are currently doing? I mean, you liked what you were doing but thought to yourself: "Self, what would it be like if you did ___ or ___ ?

I recently stumbled upon a new and fun blog and while checking out all the interesting things I found there, I started to think. It's okay to be shocked and worried by this, the proper authorities have been notified and future activities are being closely monitored.

It all starts with the fact that I am a city girl. I was raised in a seriously suburban neighborhood, within a pretty modern city, located in relatively progressive, mostly left wing and often eyebrow raising state. I like freeways, the beach, shopping (obviously), unique foods, the swift city pace, museums, movies, bookstores, and lots of different kinds of people. Now while none of these things are bad, reading about The Pioneer Woman's life on her ranch in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma made me think about what it would be like to live that kind of life...and I think I could do it, or at least it would be fun to try it.

But I mustn't get ahead of myself, such a change will require a little bit of preparation.

To do list:
  • Find some fabulous, but functional, boots
  • Hat, definitely, def-definitely need a hat
  • Get a few more horseback riding lessons in...
  • Find a ranch that is looking for a girl who is willing to exchange her homemaking/cooking skills for some experience living and working on a ranch.

Yup, better go check Google, and the want ads...

3 comments:

the lunch lady said...

somehow her life looks way more interesting than mine. I wonder why?

Cause it is!

I love the Pioneer Woman.

Shem said...

Start with the boots. Even a city girl can enjoy a good pair of boots!

Then when you apply for a job on a ranch... WEAR the boots. They will know you mean business.

Allyson said...

To borrow a phrase from Buzz Lightyear: "You're mocking me, aren't you."